At Amor Boho we use the highest quality leather and we are a brand committed to the environment, that’s why we use vegetable tanned leather, meaning it is treated with natural tannins rather than chemicals, which are harmful to humans and the planet, such as chrome. This way of treating leather can produce an irregular surface, but as well as making it more pure and beautiful, over time a single patina develops.
After an extensive search, attending countless fairs, we decided to work with an Italian Tuscan tanner who meets all the criteria we were looking for. On one hand they are an AQC certified tannery meaning the leather, its tanning and finish comply with the necessary European legislation.
and on the other hand they have all the certificates, awarded by Florence University and P.O.TE.CO technological center in Santa Croce Sull ‘Arno, which demonstrate that they meet sustainability standards and are environmentally friendly throughout the entire leather tanning process:
1.- Certifies that vegetable tanning has been used throughout the entire leather tanning process
2.- Certifies that the leather is free from heavy metals
3.- Certifies that their leather is 90% degradable
4.- Certifies the absence of toxic materials
5.- Only uses leather deriving from the food chain
6.- Certifies minimal use of water
How to store your bag:
- Store your bag in its own case
- If you are not going to use the bag for a long period of time, it would be best to fill it with paper, but use paper that is not tinted to avoid staining the internal components of the handbag. Choose a place that is not exposed to the sun and is not humid.
- Avoid stacking bags so that they do not become warped by weight. The best way to store the handbag would be to put it in the shipment box in which you received it.
Cleaning & maintenance:
- If all you want is to clean it slightly, it is best to use a dry white cotton cloth.
- If the bag gets wet, also dry it with a cotton cloth. Avoid using a dryer or any other heat source because that would significantly damage the leather.
- To help your bags to withstand the test of time, hydrate them with a colorless regenerating cream and use a suitable protective spray.
- Avoid overfilling your bag because this can deform or damage its handles.
- Light colored bags are more susceptible to discoloration, so avoid placing them in direct contact with darker items in which the color might run, such as jeans
- For dark-leather handbags, it is advisable to prevent the direct contact and and rubbing with light-colored garments, since the garment might become slightly faded.
- Avoid exposing the handbag to extreme heat, humidity, rain, friction and direct sunlight, because they can cause discoloration or stains.
- Avoid placing the bag in contact with corrosive substances such as oil or alcohol.
Remember that you can always count on us to answer any questions, to help you with any advice or for any repair, if necessary.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +34 618848058.